Rate the Leeside Skatepark:
Leeside is an iconic Vancouver DIY skatepark named after Lee Matasi, a popular Vancouver skater and artist who was murdered in 2005. Here’s an excellent article about Lee and Leeside if you want to learn more.
Video: The Leeside Story:
- In a former transit tunnel under the Cassiar St. Connector at the intersection of East Hastings St and Highway 1
- Go 1 block south from east Hastings on Windermere St.
- Turn east on E Pender St. Go to the dead end
- Turn left into the lane behind the Ecomm building.
- Leeside will be straignt ahead
- Limited parking in the laneway leading to Leeside
- On street parking on East Pender. Don’t park in the access to the commercial building & Leeside.
- Leeside is only 1.2 km from the Hastings Skatepark by the PNE.